Friday 29 November 2013

How it all started.

Hello everyone, this should have been my first post to introduce my self but it is not too late so here it is.
This is me, Saudat Salami, at the Sony shop in Surulere shopping mall. I got my camera there, 28th of November 2013. That week I made up my mind about what I wanted to contribute to in my society.

I started a food supply company about a decade ago and all those times my daily routine takes me to various markets in Lagos. In the course of doing my own thing and minding my business my inner Saudat keeps saying I could do more. More for me then meant more business, more customers, more money, what's wrong in that. Anyway, through twitter I met a friend that invited me over for a free marketing/business strategy session so we can rub minds on how I would plan for 2014 with my more money, more business mindset.

Two short hours later, after he asked me various challenges and my experience on the job, we both realized I can take on my challenge and help the society solve the problem; Food Safety and Hygiene in our market place. That means I have to be an advocate for clean market, NGO. Haba Habatically! What happened to the more money! more business! more customers! strategy session. He said there is something called social entrepreneurship..... long and short, I can still be an advocate of something I believe in and also run a profitable business by the side. Now he is making sense. :) :)

I then realized the inner Saudat that wanted more actually was asking for me to reach more people but not about business but about the good in the society. Turning my frustrations, challenges and irritations into advocacy for change. ummmmm, too much grammar.

I'm new to this but I'll let my interest and passion guide me. I will be visiting various markets and taking pictures of the hygiene situation, interviewing some traders and market leaders and also bring the traders and leaders together to find out how we can clean up the market and make it a hygienic place for all of us........ Goodluck to me! LOL!

It is a challenge and I plan to ace this.

Have fun people and remember Food Safety Rocks, we can achieve this together.

2 comments: